- creates leadership in ensemble sections
- healthy competition
- better ears = better intonation = better ensemble sound and blend
- moral/motivation in ensembles
- higher retention and participation in school programs
- students with stronger fundamentals (scales/arpeggios/harmonic understanding)
- stronger literacy/sight readers
- lyrical/musical players
Call us today to discuss lessons ~ also, be sure to ask about our live performance and studio recording workshops, Master Classes, guest artist and more! The best part is that all of these things are included in your being a student at DMI.
DMI Brass/Winds Teachers help students with:
- strengthen basic technique: scales, tone, articulation, intonation, breathing, musicality/phrasing, concepts in music theory
- general fluency, comfort, and understanding of instrument
- work on independent goals (etudes, solo rep)
- head start on music reading/basics of the instrument before starting band/orchestra in school
- independent/solo/chamber performance opportunities
- audition and performance preparation
- techniques for working through performance anxiety
Want to save money on your Denver brass & wind lessons ~ ask about our SEMESTER tuitions!!
Originally from the Denver area, Rich spent the bulk of his musical career as a stage and session musician working in Reno (NV), Branson (MO), and cruise ships. He is currently the Executive Director of the Lone Tree Symphony Orchestra. Rich enjoys teaching students of all levels, and is equally adept at teaching all styles of music.
Tess began her music career at age 11 and went on to study Classical Flute Performance under Pamela Endsley, Principle of Colorado Symphony Orchestra, at the Lamont School of Music. Her teaching philosophy centers around providing a platform for the expression of creativity in a fun and focused atmosphere.
Theresa is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts with a bachelor’s degree in Flute Performance and Music Education. Theresa has a passion for education! In addition to teaching privately, she gives lessons and masterclasses to middle and high school groups on topics like practice techniques, performance preparation, and section playing.
1. Won 5 gold medals at the World Music Contests in Kerkrade, Netherlands
2. Successful public school teacher for 43 years in instrumental music & music technology
3. Senior editor Jazz Educators Journal 14 years, American Suzuki Journal 2 years
4. Jazz & technology clinician in Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Poland, Switzerland, and Hawaii
5. Authored 3 jazz pedagogy books and 800+ feature articles in national music education journals
6. Nationally certified music technology instructor for TI:ME (Technology Institute for Music Education).
7. Jazz studies specialist since 1970 emphasizing combo improvisation & instrumental jazz, including strings
8. Distant-learning as a video conferencing specialist since 2006
9. College admissions & scholarship coach
10. B.M., M.M, Ph.D. degrees in music education
If you are looking for private voice lessons in Denver, DMI has the voice teacher for you. An ideal music school for students in Englewood, Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Lonetree and Centennial Colorado.
Popular google searches that lead students to DMI:
- Singing lessons
- Voice lessons
- Vocal lessons
- Kids singing lessons
- Adult singing lessons
- Voice lessons for beginners
- Speaking Lessons
- How to be a Speaker
- How to Project my Voice
For prices on voice lessons and vocal lessons visit the pricing page.